And I changed my profession... (Part 2)

When I said that I came to the decision of 'Teaching' as an alternate profession, there was some background to it.


I completed BE (Electronics) in the year 1999. It was the time when we can say IT industry was in the full swing. Many of my friends, batch mates had opted for jobs in the software industry. I didn't want to do something just because everybody was doing it. As I wanted some time to decide on my career path, I joined one of the reputed engineering colleges in Pune as a visiting lecturer. During my stint as a lecturer for six months, I realized that I can teach and also like to do so.


Then I was just a fresh pass out without any actual experience. I did not like the idea of teaching engineering subjects without the knowledge of practical applications. I took a decision that I should have at least 5 - 6 years of industry experience and join teaching back. But once I joined the industry, the thought of coming back to 'Teaching' was put on the back burner (or may be it was taken off the burner)!  


So 'Teaching' was not an out of the blue idea.


Now the next question was to whom and what subjects to teach. I wanted my involvement with students, more than scoring the marks. Because I feel 'Teaching and Learning' is a process beyond just getting good marks.


To implement this ideology, I felt school going students were the best audience. 

To be continued...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

इस मोड से जाते हैं .... (१)

कथा - भिंतीवरील चेहरा

इस मोड से जाते हैं .... (२)