And I changed my profession…(Part 1)

It was almost 3 years ago, I was having very well paid job fetching me a handsome salary every month, working with finest people in my field. And still a thought process started in the back of my mind – ‘shall I be continuing this further?’ and ‘if not, then what?’

Though I working in the domain I loved, on the latest technology which was in a way touching people’s lives, day by day the work was getting very demanding. And I expected it to be more in the future than what it was then. Somewhere it was upsetting the priorities that I had set. 

Then there was another thought about life after retirement. (Though it was quite at an early stage of life as I was not even nearing 40 then!) Being used to be engaged all the time, how to cope with being unoccupied. I couldn’t and still can’t imagine myself in front of the television, watching daily soaps. 

Apparently I am extrovert, but it’s quite difficult for me to mix with people. So the idea of going out and meeting and spending time with people was not a favorable one for me. Also I like to keep my time spent in the kitchen and in the household chores to the minimum. And the devil in my mind is quite restless and needs to be kept busy.

Then I started thinking about the options for my alternate profession. I wanted an option in which I can utilize my strengths, my experience and the wisdom whatsoever I have got.

So what are my strengths? Good communication skills, empathizing and mentoring people, my love for mathematics and science. And I thought what better profession suitable for me than ‘Teaching’ would be!

When the thought process for alternate profession started, one thing I was very much sure about “Working independently”. I did not want someone else to tell me what and how to do the things. So joining an institute as a faculty/ a teacher was a big no no.

And then the idea of conducting tuitions started shaping in my mind!


To be continued…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

इस मोड से जाते हैं .... (१)

कथा - भिंतीवरील चेहरा

इस मोड से जाते हैं .... (२)